Region V Systems
1645 'N' Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
Phone: (402) 441-4343
Toll Free: 1-877-286-4343
Fax: (402) 441-4335
Promoting Comprehensive Partnerships in Behavioral Health
The mission of Region V Systems is to encourage and support the provision of a full range of mental health, alcoholism, and drug abuse programs and services to the youth and adults of Butler, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Lancaster, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Polk, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, and York counties in Nebraska.
New Employment Opportunities
We are recruiting the following positions:
- CABHI Housing Coordinator Closing date: 9-6-16, 4:30 p.m.
- CABHI Housing Assistant Closing date: 9-6-16, 4:30 p.m.
- CQI Network Specialist Closing date: 9-6-16, 4:30 p.m.
- Professional Partners Closing date: 9-6-16, 4:30 p.m.
- Skill Builders Position open until filled.
Upcoming Training Opportunities Sponsored by Region V
- Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid
- QPR Gatekeeper Training
- Promoting Educational Success for Youth through Special Education Advocacy
Fall Project Funding Applications
CFAC is accepting fall project funding applications from 7-1-16 through 8-31-16. Projects must be completed by June 30, 2017, unless approved for a carry-over. Read more...
FY 14-15 Annual Report
Region V Systems has released its FY 14-15 Annual Report. We hope you take the time to review the important work accomplished in Region V's System of Care. To view or print the report, click here.
Region V Systems Celebrates 20-Year Anniversary of its
FYI Professional Partner Program
A Look Back in Time…
In 1995, under the watchful eye of Governor Ben Nelson, the Nebraska Legislature appropriated funds to begin prevention work to support families that have children who have been diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance in each of Nebraska’s six behavioral health regions. The work involved utilizing the wraparound approach to target youth at risk of entering the child welfare and/or juvenile justice systems and their families. Thus, the birth of the “Traditional Professional Partner Programs” across the state. Since that time, Region V Systems has implemented four additional Professional Partner Program tracks:
- In 2008, Region V Systems expanded the Professional Partner Program to include working with transition-age youth, ages 17-25, who are transitioning from the youth to the adult behavioral health system.
- In 2011, the Prevention Professional Partner track was implemented to support families with children ages 0-19, needing short-term (90-day), intensive wraparound support.
- In 2013, Region V Systems entered into a partnership with the DHHS Child and Family Services Division to provide wraparound supports to families who are voluntarily seeking supports for their children who have behavioral health needs.
- In 2015, in partnership with Nebraska Probation Administration, Region V Systems developed, and is in the process of implementing, the Juvenile Justice Wraparound Partner track for youth, ages 18 years and younger, who are experiencing difficulty meeting their probation responsibilities due to behavioral health concerns, putting them at risk of being removed from their home or community.
Since FY 2002 (when data began being collected), the FYI program tracks have served 1,562 youth and their families (some youth were counted more than once if they were served more than once or in more than one track):
PPP (LB 603): 175
Please join us in congratulating the FYI Professional Partner Program.
New Website Launched to Help Employers with Recruitment Needs, Job Seekers Find Employment
A free recruitment resource has been developed exclusively for Nebraska. In response to the Legislature’s concern with growing behavioral health workforce challenges in our state, a website was developed specifically to promote behavioral health workforce opportunities in Nebraska. This website was made possible through a collaboration between BHECN (Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska) and the Nebraska Regional Behavioral Health Authorities.
NebraskaBehavioralHealthJobs.com provides a FREE resource targeting employers who want to recruit specifically in the behavioral health field and for job seekers who want to work in this field. Any employer who provides behavioral health services in Nebraska may post unlimited job openings for free. Services are defined as direct or indirect care, including administrative agencies that serve a role in the behavioral health system of care. Because we believe every position in an organization contributes to its overall success, the scope of job postings is meant to include every level in the workforce, from entry-level administrative support to licensed professionals. By creating a customized profile, job seekers may also search jobs and post their resumes for free. Click here for the Q & A fact sheet.
NebraskaBehavioralHealthJobs.com also has a Facebook page: please click here and “like us.” Get your friends and family to do the same. The more people who know about this, the more we can get the word out to educate employers and job seekers alike. Please contact Kim Michael, project coordinator, should you have any questions.
Fiscal Year 14-15 Management Report
Region V Systems has released its FY 14-15 Management Report. Contents of the summary include review of Performance Improvement Plan indicators, network services, CQI concerns / requests, Professional Partner Program (Family and Youth Investment - FYI) and the Rental Assistance Program. It is available here:
FY 14-15 Management Report (PDF)
Annual Accessibility Surveys
Region V Systems has published its 2015 annual accessibility surveys for consumers in the FYI program, Region V staff, and visitors. The surveys are available on the Reports & Resources page found here.
Annually, Region V Systems shares its revised Strategic Plan that identifies the strategic direction for the next fiscal year. Click on the following link to access this document. FY 15-16 Strategic Plan (PDF)
Marketplace Awareness and Medicaid Economic Assistance
New resources have been added to our Reports & Resources page. The Marketplace Awareness (PDF) and Medicaid Economic Assistance (PDF) brochures describe the Affordable Healthcare Act and its changes with Medicaid.
About our logo:
Region V's logo represents our commitment to promote comprehensive partnerships in behavioral health. Partnerships are ever evolving to best meet the needs of the behavioral health system and its consumers.
Interpretation services are available upon request by calling 402-441-4343 or by filling out the
Contact Us form here.
Site updated: 8-5-16